Powered by Max Banner Ads
Hey independents! Just offhand, which of these two major Parties are you more inclined to support? I mean, granted all humans and groups of humans will eventually disappoint us, but which of these Parties sounds like the one you’d be generally more inclined to feel comfortable with?
- The Party that let 9/11 happen, and then used it as an excuse to do everything they’d been wanting to do for many years, from the unprovoked 3-trillion-dollar invasion and occupation of a country that had nothing to do with it to the institutionalization of American torture, unlimited government surveillance, and the Patriot Act? And meanwhile let Osama Bin Laden get away?
- Or the Party that nailed Osama Bin Laden? While also drastically drawing down our troops in Iraq just as promised, and helping in any way we can with the Arab world’s exciting wave of democratic revolutions?
- The Party whose financial plan for the next ten years will add SIX TRILLION to the national debt, while ending Medicare so that those of us who turn 65 in 2021 will have to try to get private insurance, and also cutting taxes for millionaires and billionaires to levels as low as they were in the roaring 1920’s?
- Or the Party who created Medicare and Social Security and is hellbent on defending them even if that means a few minor tweaks, and is willing to do what should have been done many years ago to get our financial house back in order – get the tax rates on the wealthy back up to where they were under Clinton, eliminate the insane subsidies to the outlandishly profitable oil companies, and start cutting that sacred cow the defense budget? (Actually it’s only the Progressive Budget that really balances the budget by 2021 – you should check it out here.)
- The Party whose priorities nationwide this year are defunding Planned Parenthood and National Public Radio, ending the rights of workers to bargain collectively, and making it ever more difficult for Americans to vote?
- Or the Party whose priorities nationwide can fairly be described as getting Americans back to work while creating a new, sustainable, environmentally friendly infrastructure for a thriving American 21st century?
- When it comes to California: The Party that goes to the mat for wasteful, corrupt Redevelopment Agencies while refusing to allow YOU to vote on whether or not you’d like to extend the modest taxes we’ve been paying for five more years in order to avoid further draconian cuts to our education and public safety – I’m talking about the “lawmakers” who do nothing but say NO and sit on their hands collecting their paychecks and pats on the back from Jon Fleischman and John & Ken…
- Or the Party that is working every day to balance our budget with an even mix of cuts and revenues, just as we Californians want, even to the point of angering their loyal Labor base by grappling with the urgent matter of pension reform (with no help from the other side of the aisle?)
Well, while you’re mulling all of that over, sit back and enjoy the truly admirable animal sounds made by Mel from New Zealand: