Powered by Max Banner Ads
In spite of a lot of fanfare about last week’s election the headlines from around the state about the abysmal turnout of people who care enough to vote was the major election news story of the day. Here is a sample of those headlines:
- San Bernardino County sees record low voter turnout for Tuesday’s election
- Only 1 in 5 Voters in San Diego County Cast a Ballot
- About 13% of registered voters cast ballots in L.A. County races
- Mendocino County voter turnout extremely low
- Butte turnout pegged at 26.8 percent
- Historically Low Voter Turnout for Tuesday’s Election
- Tuesday’s election marked a low point for voter turnout
- They gave an election but nobody came
It seems the public is all too eager to complain about too much government, too little government, too dysfunctional government, but when it comes to taking the opportunity to influence the future of government there is another too – too busy. Even the convenience of voting by mail does not seem to be working.
What is wrong with you people?