Powered by Max Banner Ads
The California Clean Money Campaign is inviting OC residents to attend a rally on this Saturday, March 23, from 12 p.m.-2 p.m. to kick off the local legislative campaign in support of SB 52, the “California DISCLOSE Act.” The rally will be held at the Delhi Community Center, 505 East Central Ave, Santa Ana CA 92707.
Speakers will include:
- Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva
- Costa Mesa Councilember Sandy Genis
- Community College Trustee Jose Solorio
- Trent Lange, President of the California Clean Money Campaign
- Local activist leaders
Master of Ceremonies: Dr. Jose Moreno, President of Los Amigos and Anaheim City School District Board Member.
The California Clean Money Campaign explains SB 52 as follows:
The California DISCLOSE Act, will change the Big Money game and fight back against unlimited hidden spending on campaigns by letting voters know who REALLY is paying for political ads – on the ads themselves.
Trent Lange, President of the California Clean Money Campaign, the sponsor of SB 52, will describe how the California DISCLOSE Act works, outline the statewide campaign to pass the bill, and answer all of your questions.
We will end with an organizing session for the local grassroots coalition. Learn what you can do to join the movement!
Refreshments will be served.
Please forward this message and invite anyone you know who is sick of the outrageous amounts of anonymous spending in politics and might be interested in helping bring about Fair Elections. Let’s stop Big Money from secretly stealing California elections!
Trent Lange offers a special message to encourage people to come:
I hope you can make it to this Saturday’s big Orange County campaign kickoff for SB 52, the
California DISCLOSE Act, in Santa Ana from 12-2pm. Over 35 organizations have co-sponsored the kickoff! They all support the CA DISCLOSE Act as a key way to fight back against the unlimited hidden special interest spending unleashed by Citizens United.It should be a great event, with leading supporters like Assembly Member Sharon Quirk-Silva, former Assembly Member Jose Solorio, and Costa Mesa City Councilmember Sandy Genis, joining me and local activists to speak and with Dr. Jose Moreno, President of Los Amigos as the emcee.So please join us if you can — it would be great to see you there! More details and registration below.
P.S. We also have a Facebook event for the kickoff. Please visit it and and then click “Invite Friends”to invite your Facebook friends: http://www.facebook.com/events/118018375053575/
President, California Clean Money Campaign
California Clean Money Campaign
* Americans Organized for Change
* California LULAC
* Concerned Citizens of Laguna Woods Village
* Democratic Club of Central OC
* Democratic Club of West OC
* Democratic Party of Orange County
* Democrats of Greater Irvine
* Democrats of North OC
* Laguna Woods Democratic Club
* Los Amigos of OC
* LULAC Santa Ana Council
* Military Families Speak Out
* MoveOn – Irvine & South OC Council
* MoveOn – North OC Council
* Newport Beach Women’s Democratic Club
* OC LULAC
* OC Peace Coalition
* OC Veterans for Peace
* Organizing for a Better America
* Progressives United
* Progressive Christians Uniting of OC
* Progressive Democrats of America – OC
* Reclaim Democracy – OC
* Social Action Committee of Unitarian Universalist Church in Fullerton
* Social Justice Committee Unitarian Universalist Church in Anaheim
* South Orange County Democratic Club
* Women For: OC.
* 72nd Assembly District Alliance
The California Clean Money Campaign is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose vision is to achieve an open and accountable government that is responsive to the needs of all Californians by building statewide support for full disclosure and public funding of election campaigns. All our support comes from individuals and non-profit foundations, with no funding from corporations or unions.