Powered by Max Banner Ads
Cal Watch Dog describes itself as an “independent, Sacramento-based journalism venture providing original investigative reports and news stories covering California state government. We’re focused on reporting on the state Capitol, state agencies and on significant government-related stories from across California that are of statewide importance.”
CalWatchdog is part of a new wave of web-based reporting designed to improve oversight of government. Our goal is to hold the government accountable for its spending and regulatory programs by exposing governmental waste, fraud and abuses of power. As “your eyes on California government,” we are constantly seeking input and news tips from our readers so that we may better ensure the government is working for you. We seek to cover those news stories that other news outlets are not providing. Our stories are published on the CalWatchdog Web site and distributed to traditional media outlets.
Other members of Greenhut’s investigative team include Katy Grimes and Anthony Pignatoro.
Click here to read one of their new posts, regarding how water bills are threatening California prosperity.
The Cal Watch Dog Board of Advisors is impressive. It includes:
- Cathy Taylor, who is a vice president and editorial director at the O.C. Register
- Will Swaim, the founding publisher of the OC Weekly and the former publisher of LA City Beat
- Fred Smoller, director of the MPA program at Brandman University in Irvine
- Dan Schnur, a political consultant who teaches “Campaign Strategy: Media and Message” at the University of California, Berkeley, and is the director of the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics at the University of Southern California.
- Kira Fulks, the publisher of The Forum Press, a book publishing company in Santa Ana, Calif.
- Tibor Machan, who holds the R.C. Hoiles Chair of Business Ethics and Free Enterprise at the Argyros School of Business and Economics at Chapman University in Orange, Calif. He is professor emeritus in the department of philosophy at Auburn University, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution and an adjunct scholar at the Cato Institute.
- and Deroy Murdock, a syndicated columnist with Scripps Howard News Service in New York City.
Greenhut’s new book Plunder! also hit the market recently. It details how government employee unions are bankrupting California with outrageous pensions.
Click here to visit the Cal Watch Dog website.