Powered by Max Banner Ads
Libertarian Norm Westwell has signs ready to go for his H.B. City Council campaign
(Picture Courtesy of the O.C. Register)
There are four seats opening up on the Huntington Beach City Council next year. Insiders believe that as many as 20 or more candidates will run for these seats.
Some of the names that are already out there include blogger and City Commissioner Joe Shaw and past Congressional candidate Dan Kalmick. Both are Democrats. I don’t know what Republicans might be running but there is a Libertarian candidate who I think has a great chance at winning. That would be Ocean View School Board President Norm Westwell.
Westwell, a local business owner, has been in the news a lot over the past few years. Earlier this month Westwell led the charge against red light cameras in Huntington Beach – and he won! The H.B. Chief of Police opted out of that program.
Westwell was quoted in various newspapers, including the L.A. Times, ““I call them scam-ras” said Ocean View School Board President Norm Westwell. The cameras, he said, only “photograph the ending results of [an] accident.”
Earlier this year, in April, Westwell led the charge against the construction of a cell phone tower near a playground. He blasted the H.B. City Council because they failed to notify residents and the school district about the tower. You can read about that scandal by clicking here.
Last year, after the November elections, Westwell was featured in the O.C. Register, in a story about how he collects old campaign signs and recycles them for his campaigns. What a great idea!
Westwell already has a campaign website and a slew of endorsements which you can read at this link. They include:
- Devin Dwyer, Huntington Beach City Council Member
- Tracy Pellman, 19 year veteran Ocean View School District Trustee
- Debbie Cotton, Esq., Ocean View School District Trustee
- John Inks, Mountain View City Council Member
- Art Olivier, former Mayor of Bellflower, 2000 U.S. Vice Presidential Candidate
- Joe Cobb, former Staff Director of the Congressional Joint Economic Committee
- Wayne Allyn Root, 2008 U.S. Vice Presidential Candidate, Television Celebrity, Author
- Jim Gray, recently retired 25 year veteran Orange County Superior Court Judge
- Alan G. Rasmussen, Ed.D., Superintendent, Ocean View School District
Westwell has laid the foundation for a successful city council campaign. He has my endorsement and I wish him sucess in his race. I think he will win easily.
I also support Shaw and Kalmick and I hope they do run.